Placing custom metadata into the html template.

From: Smolsky, Shawn J <shawn.j.smolsky_at_lmco.com_at_hypermail-project.org>
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2000 08:54:42 -0500

Hi:

I would like to place contact information into the head of the message and index files. I'm using html template files and I could have a custom header for each archive (we have over 140 majordomo lists that are archived using hypermail). I would rather have one header file and use "Substitution Cookies" for a person's contact information (i.e., Last, First).

I currently have to create the following line in the <head> section of the html template.

I would like to use something like

Where %C is a substitution cookie for a person's Contact information that gets specified in the "rc" file.

I was hoping I could use an existing "rc" variable to pass this information to the html template.
I've found a %B that represents "Body line specified" Can I use this? How do I specify the value for %B.

Thanks in advance.

Shawn Smolsky     Received on Tue 11 Jan 2000 03:54:57 PM GMT