Re: Segmentation fault in mailbox read

From: Daniel Stenberg <Daniel.Stenberg_at_haxx.nu_at_hypermail-project.org>
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2000 12:24:42 +0100

Shane Wegner wrote:

> Hopefully this is enough information to debug the problem. I have a small
> message from a mailing list which crashes hypermail with a segmentation
> fault.

This is indeed an 'interesting' bug.

While I can think of a pretty quick and easy fix to make the crash not appear in the rmlastlines() function (by returning as soon as the input argument is NULL), the root to this problem is probably more interesting. The problematic mail in itself is also interesting because of the fact that it is said to be a multipart/alternative mail while it contains only one part and that part doesn't even have a content-type.

I'm sorry I once again have to admit that my current work load and situtation will prevent me from looking into this problem.

I hope someone else in the team will be able to research this.

--
   Daniel Stenberg - http://www.contactor.se/~dast - +46-705-44 31 77