things do happen occationally

From: Daniel Stenberg <Daniel.Stenberg_at_haxx.nu_at_hypermail-project.org>
Date: Thu, 25 May 2000 14:36:55 +0200 (MET DST)

Yes sirs and maddams

I still can't communicate with the CVS but instead I am willing to submit fixes as patches based on the b29 archive.

I am currently working on a new option for hypermail that does that evil thing we didn't see any reason for in the past: 'spamprotect'. It translates all _at_-letters in all email addresses into _at_. I know this may or may not be a good way to stop spam, but my mailing list archives have turned out to be notoriously good places for spammers to extract email addresses. Experiments have been made to use unique email addresses there only, and they have later received spam. I just have to attempt to do something about it. (this version is test driving right now)

I also just corrected two bugs, both pretty serious. One of them was a core dump and one was a really confused multipart/alternative parser thing.

I noticed a new bug that appears when there's a _at_-letter in a URL, since then the mail-converter will translate the line *after* it was converted to a href... :-/

--
   Daniel Stenberg - http://www.contactor.se/~dast - +46-705-44 31 77