Re: Monthly Archives/Automatic Indexpages?

From: Bernhard Reiter <bernhard_at_intevation.de_at_hypermail-project.org>
Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2000 10:37:31 +0200

Tom,
you have two possibilities:

IIRC, hypermail regenerates the index files when you add a mail. If you use the patched hypermail adding one message, you will get the haof files, too.

On the other hand, if you already have subdirectories which do not change, you can just generate the html index file block. Check: http://www.ffii.org/archive/mails/swpat/2000/ to see some example snipplet files (.blk) files.

One example for an haof file:
http://www.ffii.org/archive/mails/swpat/2000/Sep/archive_overview.haof

Two things to remember: the format is called haof (hypermail archive overview format). Due to a typo it is checked in as hoaf in hypermails CVS. :/

You need to install the xml.sax module for python before running create_archive_snipplet.py .

        Bernhard
ps.: I have send a copy of this mail to the list.

On Thu, Sep 21, 2000 at 12:30:47PM -0700, Tom von Alten wrote:
> This looks very nice.
>
> Can one run your tool on an existing archive (with its
> subdirectories full of attachments), and generate this sort
> of date structured index?
>
> That would be wonderful.
>
> _____________ Hewlett-Packard Personal Storage Business
> Tom von Alten mailto:Tom_vonAlten_at_boi.hp.com
>

> > The patch is tested against 2b28, but it should be easy to adapt.
> > It makes hypermail write little XML files.
> >
> > A python script can assemble them to monthly archives index pages.
> > Check the following website to see it in action:
> > http://www.ffii.org/archive/mails/swpat/
> >
> > You can get it from CVS, but it was left out of the 2b30 tarball release
> > for reasons I do not know.
> > Check:
> > http://cvs.hypermail.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/hypermail/contrib/hoaf-28/

The FreeGIS Project				            (freegis.org)