RE: Will hypermail work with Netscape Mail server Inbox's?

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se_at_hypermail-project.org>
Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2000 00:00:16 +0200 (MET DST)

On Mon, 25 Sep 2000, Tom von Alten wrote:

> > Now just pipe this message through hypermail.
>
> Somehow, I don't imagine 129,000 concatenated messages are going to "just
> pipe" through hypermail, either.

No. It'll bloat to death. Hypermail keeps the mailbox in memory.

> Someone with more experience than me will have to come up with something
> that will work, but I wouldn't expect this simple command line stuff to
> work at the scale of the problem that Chris describes.

I agree with Tom here. Even *if* hypermail would grok this, would anyone really like an index page with 129,000 mail links? Hey, I use to think an index page with 1,000 entries is annoying...

I would make a script that would split the whole set in at least 500 parts. Possibly somehow using the dates in the individual mails. Then I would run hypermail on every one of those 500 parts.

I would avoid making a script that adds single mails to hypermail, as that would make the total operation even slower.

Just my ideas, ignore them at will.

--
      Daniel Stenberg - http://daniel.haxx.se - +46-705-44 31 77