Re: [hypermail] octet-stream

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se_at_hypermail-project.org>
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2000 08:05:57 +0100 (MET)

On Thu, 23 Nov 2000, Dick Conley wrote:

> I received an email with an attachment that needs octet-stream.

"application/octet-stream" is a generic type that just means that the sender couldn't set a better content-type. It could be anything. You would need to figure that yourself.

> Where do i find this attachment or a substitue for it.

You received the mail with the attachment. The attachment is then in the mail. If you run hypermail on that mail, it'll store the attachment in a separate directory.

--
      Daniel Stenberg - http://daniel.haxx.se - +46-705-44 31 77