[hypermail] cleaning up old hypermail messages

From: Gary Sitzmann <ghs1_at_lucent.com_at_hypermail-project.org>
Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2001 07:47:00 -0600

I've been providing hypermail for years now for internal use within my organization and have run into a situation that I don't know how to deal with. I used to recommend keeping a large email box and generating hypermail each time and it was relatively easy to clean up using your favorite mailer and regenerating the box. But now most of us are running hypermail automatically via adding a line to our alias as documented in http://www.landfield.com/hypermail/source/docs/hypermail.html#6 .

I'm not sure how to clean up old email with the update, so suggestions are welcome. The simple approach of removing old or selective messages started the numbering over again at 0000.html when the next message was sent and ignored the other messages.

Is there a way to regenerate the archive when using -u option for creating it?

Gary,

We are trying to implement hypermail in the group, with two aliases. Everything works just fine now.

I am concerned with maintenance, for example, is there a way to weed out certain mail, or delete mails that are old?

Thank you very much, hypermail is a wonderful thing to have.

Jeff

--
Gary Sitzmann
mailto:ghs1_at_lucent.com