Re: [hypermail] Some improvements

From: Peter C. McCluskey <pcm_at_rahul.net_at_hypermail-project.org>
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2001 16:42:08 -0800 (PST)

 tasin_at_fhm.edu (W. Tasin) writes:
>For me there were also some problems with hypermail,
>which are now handled by the attached patch (can also be obtained at:
>ftp://ftp.ee.fhm.edu/pub/unix/patches-hypermail-2b30.diff).

 I've committed these with a few changes and a little testing.

>-
> binname = maprintf("%s%c%.2d-%s",
>+
> binname = maprintf("%s%c%05d-%s",

>==expanding the att counter to 5 digits, not very important, but I think
>=="02" instead of ".2" for the format specifier is more ANSI conforming. =

 I rejected the change to 5 digits - there's no good reason to have all that padding for small numbers, and anyway the code is part of the else to this if stmt which limits the number of attachments:

			    if (att_counter > 99)
				binname = NULL;
			    else {

 I altered the mailcommand changes to make them more understandable and to insure that they only affect sites that choose to use them. There are now 3 related mailto configuration options:  mailcommand - works as original mailcommand unless replymsg_command specified  replymsg_command - used for sending a reply to the list; if not specified,

    is set to the value in mailcommand for compatibility with old .hmrc's  newmsg_command - used for sending a new message to the list

Peter McCluskey          | Fed up with democracy's problems? Examine Futarchy:
http://www.rahul.net/pcm | http://hanson.gmu.edu/futarchy.pdf or .ps