Re: [hypermail] Language clearing task finished...

From: Peter C. McCluskey <pcm_at_rahul.net_at_hypermail-project.org>
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2001 16:46:30 -0800 (PST)

 Pixel_at_the-babel-tower.nobis.phear.org (Nicolas Noble) wrote a month ago:
>-) changed the message structure (that's why I said translators will hate
>me) from char ** to struct message_entry *. Take a look at lang.h to see
>it. Now I add the messageid sticked to the structure, in order to track
>down bugs more easily. I've changed the 'english' structure to adapt to
>this system but I didn't had enough strengh to change the structure for
>each language. The simple idea of changing the structure two times (one
>for english, one for french) had discouraged myself to do even the french
>one. I will do it a bit later. I would also add that it should be better

>I've done many changements into the whole code but I think hypermail will
>still works after that, since only simple string-based function are
>affected. This task was a bit more complicated that I thought, but it's
>done now.

 A patch that ifdef's out most of the language strings because they haven't been updated to the new structure is hardly "done". If you want to send me new versions of lang.[hc] that don't break existing features, I will probably check them in.

Peter McCluskey          | Fed up with democracy's problems? Examine Futarchy:
http://www.rahul.net/pcm | http://hanson.gmu.edu/futarchy.pdf or .ps