Re: [hypermail] Two small changes...

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se_at_hypermail-project.org>
Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2001 09:17:46 +0100 (MET)

On Sun, 4 Mar 2001, Ron Pero wrote:

> There are two small customizations I would like to make to the way
> hypermail creates the index files.
>
> 1. Not show the link to "Thread view" (and not even create the thread
> index, since we will never look at it).

Yeah, this has been mentioned before. I think most of us agree that we need an option that lets us control which indexes/views to generate.

> 2. Change the wording of "Other email archives" to "Other lists" (and
> maybe other minor text changes while I'm at it).

I would like hypermail to feature a much more flexible "template" system that generates the web pages and thus you'd be able to write all those texts yourself.

Of course, you can do that already now by specifying a header file to include and in that file enter whatever texts and links you want.

> I assume I should edit the appropriate c file and then run "make clean".
> Correct?

You could do that, but I'd not recommend you to do that. It seems unnecessary.

> Which c file should I edit? (I started to search but gave up). I hope it
> is this simple.

That particular text is written in print.c in the bottom of the function fprint_menu() (at line 151 in my version).

--
      Daniel Stenberg - http://daniel.haxx.se - +46-705-44 31 77