Re: [hypermail] hypermail should use the standard date format by default

From: Peter C. McCluskey <pcm_at_rahul.net_at_hypermail-project.org>
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2001 21:11:51 -0800 (PST)

 eperez_at_dei.inf.uc3m.es (=?iso-8859-1?Q?Eduardo_P=E9rez_Ureta?=) writes:
>ISO 8601 NOW! http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/~mgk25/iso-time.html
>
>hypermail should use the standard date format
>and refer time to UTC by default

 I agree that it should be easy to get the standard date format without to figure out a strftime string to pass to the dateformat option, and that it should be possible to use UTC.
 I am reluctant to make them the default. People should be able to upgrade to new versions without having unwanted changes in behavior unless there is a compelling reason for making the new behavior the default.
 Unless I hear strong arguments to the contrary, I will plan to add these new features under new options (named isodate and gmt?).

Peter McCluskey | Fed up with democracy's problems? Examine Futarchy: http://www.rahul.net/pcm | http://hanson.gmu.edu/futarchy.pdf or .ps Received on Tue 20 Mar 2001 07:14:48 AM GMT