Re: [hypermail] Re-threading an archive

From: Peter C. McCluskey <pcm_at_rahul.net_at_hypermail-project.org>
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2001 11:37:36 -0800 (PST)

 roderick.bloem_at_colorado.edu (Roderick Bloem) writes:
>How can I tell hypermail to show the threading of existing messages in
>the archive differently? How can I get it to regenerate index.html
>without adding a new message?

 If you have the archive in mbox format, running hypermail on that (i.e. not using incremental updates) will regenerate index.html.  If the replies quote some text from the messages they are replying to, then the linkquotes option will thread them correctly in most cases by looking at the text of the messages. For now, you need to use cvs to get the version of hypermail that includes the linkquotes option. I'll try to release a new version on sourceforge within a week that includes that option.

>A bit of background: we use the archive to track bugs. Somebody enters
>a bug report on a subject line that starts with "BUG REPORT:". When the
>bug is fixed, the fixer replies to the first message, but changes the
>subject line to start with "BUG FIXED:". Hypermail does not thread such
>messages if the reply is done using the web interface. Furthermore, it

 Sounds like the In-Reply-To's aren't working.

Peter McCluskey | Fed up with democracy's problems? Examine Futarchy: http://www.rahul.net/pcm | http://hanson.gmu.edu/futarchy.pdf or .ps Received on Thu 29 Mar 2001 09:41:47 PM GMT