Re: [hypermail] Word wrapping messages when SHOWHTML is off

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se_at_hypermail-project.org>
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2001 08:01:00 +0200 (MET DST)

On Mon, 23 Apr 2001, Darryl Friesen wrote:

> I was looking in the archive and found some discussion back in February
> about the possiblilty of some config commands to wrap text messages when
> showhtml is off. It seemed like there was a consensus that this was a
> good idea, and someone even offered to write the code.

I was the one who offered myself to write the code for it.

> Did this ever some to pass? I, for one, would love to see it in there!
> :)

I never did it. Mainly because it wasn't the quick patch I hoped it would be! ;-) I'm still in favour of adding this feature though.

A few functions used in and from printbody() (in print.c) need to be modified to return the number of visual characters they output so that for each block of characters we add to the output we can check for the word wrap column.

I would appriciate if someone hacked up a really messy example mail for me to work with, I think that could speed up my progress.

--
      Daniel Stenberg - http://daniel.haxx.se - +46-705-44 31 77