Re: [hypermail] Any help for new user?

From: Suor Kim <sk07_at_labs.gte.com_at_hypermail-project.org>
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2001 09:54:17 -0400

Write a perl script (if you don't know perl, then you should learn it) to automatically archive your majordomo e-mail. Use crontab on your unix machine to automatically run the script every night.

> Hello,
>
> I have been searching for a way to archive my Majordomo mailing lists for
quite some time. I just discovered Hypermail it looks great. The only problem is that I know nothing about programming. Am I correct in assuming that I need to edit the configuration file with my server info? Do I need to ftp the Hypermail program to the server first? Do I need to telnet to a shell and execute a program? I apologize if these questions are inappropriate for this list.