[hypermail] Problem when merging two mailbox files

From: Emre Bastuz <ebastuz_at_netcologne.de_at_hypermail-project.org>
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2001 16:28:12 +0200

Hi,

on my site http://www.emre.de/hypermail/de.comp.lang.php/ I am gathering news articles from the newsgroup de.comp.lang.php for later conversion into html files.

Ive been collecting the newsgroup articles since March 2001. Some guy has been collecting since July last year and has sent me his Newsserver file.

I did some conversion to make this file "mailbox" like an converted it with hypermail to html.

Something does not work though:

when I run hypermail to convert the first mailbox and then a second time with the newer mailbox, the archive is not merged.

My old inbox file creates an index like this:

200103 ...
200104 ...
200105 ...
200106 ...
200107 ...

Now Id expect hypermail to merge the mailbox files so the main index in the above url starts from 200007. This is not the case though.

Do I have to make *one* inbox file, so hypermail recognizes the content of it as one archive ?

I have set the same label for both archives so Im wondering why it does not work.

Any hint will be appreciated.

Regards,

Emre

--
Emre Bastuz                  Tel: 0221 2222 204
NetCologne GmbH              Fax: 0221 2222 620