[hypermail] Question concerning .hm2index with date indexing on

From: Bailey, Glenn R <glenn.r.bailey_at_intel.com_at_hypermail-project.org>
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2001 11:06:36 -0700

Hello-

I have recently installed hypermail 2.1.2. For one of my mail lists I configured it
to do folder_by_date and monthly_index. I use a mail alias incremental update scheme.

My problem comes in that I have occasionally had some problem like wrong permissions
crop up (due to fat fingered admin) that causes the hypermail to complain and not update.

Ok, I can fix things and resend, but hypermail removes the .hm2index file prior to having its
problem, so that even if I DO fix the permissions, the list archive still fails because the .hm2index
is missing. The only way to get it back is via a mbox archive I keep to the side and a modified
config file for reproducing the index from the mbox format. As the archive gets bigger
this gets to be a bigger and bigger problem.

Is there anyway to put into hypermail some code that would create a backup copy of
.hm2index prior to blowing it away, so that recovery to the last good state is possible
without having to recreate the entire archive over again?

Glenn Bailey Received on Wed 25 Jul 2001 08:17:11 PM GMT