Re: [hypermail] Compilation error on AIX: make static library

From: Peter C. McCluskey <pcm_at_rahul.net_at_hypermail-project.org>
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2002 21:20:54 -0800 (PST)

 bessette_at_msn.com ("Eric Bessette") writes:
>Then when I 'make', it doesn't seem to make the staic library .o files, it
>only makes the shared library. But it still tries to link the static
>library. Does anyone have any suggestions?

 I suspect there's a problem with the pcre directory having a configure that probably ought to be run but which I don't think is run when the top level configure is run.
 Try "cd src/pcre ; ./configure", then try the make again and see if that works.

Peter McCluskey          | Free Jon Johansen!
http://www.rahul.net/pcm |