Re: [hypermail] Attachments using latest_folder option bug

From: Peter C. McCluskey <pcm_at_rahul.net_at_hypermail-project.org>
Date: Thu, 11 Jul 2002 15:14:48 -0700 (PDT)

 I.A.Cameron_at_open.ac.uk (Ian Cameron) writes:
>Message in file archive/2002/07/001.html contains a link to an attachment
>which is stored in archive/att-001/attachment.ext. The link to the
>attachment in the message is ../../att-001/attachment.ext.
>
>This is fine if you have got to the message via the folders list, i.e.
>2002/07 because the ../../ directory traversal works.
>
>If you have got to it via a latest_folder link however then the directory
>traversal ends up trying to go back one directory further than it should,

 If it were just the attachment links that had this problem, I would have been tempted to solve it by moving them into the subdirectories. But links like Previous Folder and List of Folders have the same problem.

 I've added a base_url option (not yet documented) that allows you to specify the url of the top directory. If specified, this will be used instead of relative paths. You should get a warning if the relative paths are broken and you don't specify a base_url. I may change this to an error after it gets a reasonable amount of testing.

Peter McCluskey          | Free Jon Johansen!
http://www.rahul.net/pcm |