Re: [hypermail] termination?

From: Scott Stark <sstark_at_hi-beam.net_at_hypermail-project.org>
Date: Mon, 30 Dec 2002 11:23:39 -0800

At 12:29 PM 12/30/2002 -0600, kent landfield wrote:
>(May be time for a new ISP...)

Maybe so -- it's actually a web hosting service -- and not many of them have hypermail installed that I've found.

>I really am not in a position to debug an initial beta version that is over 40
>versions back or help hack configure for a strange and unknown system setup.

Yikes, I certainly wouldn't expect that. I was hoping there was something I could do on my end, like add a -debug flag or something to see what's happening.

>Is this a Unix/Linux box that you are telneting to ? Is procmail installed on
>the system ? Or does the email MTA have .forward file support ? Then you
>might
>be able to have the mailer forward the mail into a local copy of hypermail.

The OS is Unix "FreeBSD 4.6-STABLE (ADDRKERN) #0". And it's a local copy of hypermail that they "graciously" dropped into my home directory.

>To be able to do that means you would need to know the operating system
>they are using and have a similar version of the OS to compile a copy of
>hypermail on...

Not likely... oh well.
thanks,
Scott Received on Mon 30 Dec 2002 09:24:27 PM GMT