Re: [hypermail] I can't delete messages

From: Peter C. McCluskey <pcm_at_rahul.net_at_hypermail-project.org>
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2003 12:09:04 -0800 (PST)

 Micheon.Eubanks_at_Sun.Com (Micheon Eubanks) writes:
>I entered a specific delete older date and set the delete_level to 0.
>When I open the web page I see the messages are gone, however when I
>change the date back the messages reappear. How Do I remove the
>messages permanently? For instance, I run the archive everyday and I
>want to remove the messages that were retrieved three days prior.

 I think if you are able to use the incremental mode that would do what you want.
 As long as you are sending an mbox to hypermail, I think you either need to remove the messages from the mbox or tell hypermail each time which parts of the mbox you want deleted.
 Hypermail has no direct support for altering an mbox, but you could use the hypetombox.pl program to generate an mbox from the archive. Doing that after using the delete_older would produce an mbox that doesn't contain the older messages (but hypetombox.pl doesn't recreate the original messages exactly - it often produces different formatting).

Peter McCluskey          |
http://www.rahul.net/pcm |