[hypermail] what about nntp?

From: ArteQ <arteq_at_go2.pl_at_hypermail-project.org>
Date: Fri, 4 Apr 2003 23:30:56 +0200

hi
I'd like to use hypermail so as to create archive of a usenews group. The problem is that the server that holds posts that I'm interested in does NOT offer getting messages via mail. I can only use nntp protocol. Now, the question is - how do I get message via nntp and put it to hypermail? I assume that there is no build-in option for doing this. Maybe there should be? Nowadays most people prefer nntp, and don't use mail to get usenews (old-date subscribe passed away...). I think there should be some simple trick for doing that. Some perl script? That should be easy... But unfortunately I'm not keen on perl, so a example script would be nice if you wouldn't mind :-) Maybe someone already have done this?

ArteQ Received on Mon 07 Apr 2003 04:27:35 PM GMT