Re: [hypermail] Latin1 subject with UTF-8 body

From: Jose Kahan <>
Date: Mon, 7 Apr 2003 18:09:47 +0200
Message-ID: <>


In order for this to work, you'll need to add a convertion table between the ASCII characters and the equivalent UTF-8.

I did something similar in my XHTML hypermail work for converting the winlatin1 characters that are inserted inside messages coded with ISO-8859-1. That is, I'm converting them into the equivalent Unicode entities. I guess that in your case, the rule would be "if the message's charset is UTF-8, then convert the ISO-8859-1 set into the equivalent Unicode one.

You can see how I did it and then expand on that work.

I've fixed all the outstanding bugs I had, except for the inline HTML that we would like to show using object. I'm working on that problem now.

-jose Received on Mon 07 Apr 2003 06:16:09 PM GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.0 : Sat 13 Mar 2010 03:46:12 AM GMT GMT