Re: [hypermail] suggestion for additional feature to Hypermail

From: Jose Kahan <jose.kahan_at_w3.org_at_hypermail-project.org>
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2003 18:21:05 +0200

Kent,

I think Jason is talking more about coding all the characters as HTML entities. Something like converting

        mailto:anaddress_at_someplace

into (false example)

        &x#24242;x &x#103; .... and so on.

This came in a recent report about spam. It will only buy some time, though, until the bots become smarter. You only need a convertion table to get the real characters.

It shouldn't be hard to add that option, I guess. We are already escaping many special characters.

BTW, the wai changes are progressing!

-jose

[snip]

> There are things in hypermail that may be of use now. This is from
> running a "hypermail -v > tmp.rc".
>
> # replace any _at_ sign with this string, if spam flags enabled
> antispam_at = _at_

[snip] Received on Wed 23 Apr 2003 06:38:49 PM GMT