Re: [hypermail] question about hypermail

From: Peter C. McCluskey <pcm_at_rahul.net_at_hypermail-project.org>
Date: Fri, 9 May 2003 18:16:50 -0700 (PDT)

 warrend_at_mdhost.cse.tek.com (Warren L Dodge) writes:

>I am going to use hypermail again after a several year gap. When I had used
>it at another company I went through and modified it so the files created had
>six digits instead of four due to the volume of emails I had.
>
> 000000.html versus 0000.html
>
>I seem to remember some discussion on this but I can't seem to find any
>config item for this in building hypermail.

 There's a new option called nonsequential that does something similar.  There's a new subroutine message_name in file.c with a "%.4d" that ought to be the only place you need to modify the code to produce 6 digits.

Peter McCluskey          | "To announce that there must be no criticism of
http://www.rahul.net/pcm | the President, or that we are to stand by the