RE: [hypermail] WAI commit done

From: Tom von Alten <tva_at_hp.com_at_hypermail-project.org>
Date: Wed, 14 May 2003 14:07:14 -0600

Jose, et al.:

I don't have the time to inspect or test any of the code at the moment, but I did take a look at
  http://www.w3.org/2002/03/archives-improvements/implentation-test/ and the various pages linked to it, in terms of how the XHTML and style looks and works.

I think it looks pretty darn good, and didn't see any problems that would preclude it from being released.

Some minor things (that may or may not have to do with your changes):

  1. Messages have a reference to a style sheet, as well as some inline specs. The referenced file was "not found," so I'm not sure what was intended.

  <link rel="stylesheet" href="public-message" type="text/css" />

The list style sheet ( public-messagelist ) was there and looked fine (and had an interesting "li li" specification that wouldn't have occurred to me!).

2) I'm not sure why the message count is hyperlinked to "#first". I guess at the bottom of the page, it provides a "go to top," but at the top it's not useful, nor does its title ("jump to") enlighten the reader as to its purpose.

3) Author and subject indexes group categories, and the thread index shows relationships with indenting, but the date list is "plain." Wouldn't it make more sense to have the same sort of grouping by date, with a header for Apr 01 2003, and all the April Fool's messages under that, etc.?

It seems likely that #2 and #3 have nothing to do with your WAI work, so feel free to ignore them for now.

Cheers,

Tom von Alten