[hypermail] file numbering started anew

From: Tobias Weber <towb_at_celvina.de_at_hypermail-project.org>
Date: Sun, 09 Nov 2003 20:34:41 +0100

Hi,
this might be a stupid question since everything worked fine for the past months and I more or less forgot about hypermail ;-)

But now the mbox is so big that it takes minutes to parse everything and add new messages to the archive.

So I cropped the first few MB off the file and ran hypermail again. It should not have done anything. What it did was write all messages still in the mbox again, but with filenames below 200. There are now almost identical 3245.html and 0180.html, including the links to messages no longer in the mbox, which proves that .hmindex was read.

see http://www.celvina.de/arktur/schan-developer.rc

--
  Tobias Weber