Re: [hypermail] Option for conversion to UTF-8

From: Peter C. McCluskey <pcm_at_rahul.net_at_hypermail-project.org>
Date: Fri, 9 Jan 2004 09:46:10 -0800 (PST)

 duerst_at_w3.org (Martin Duerst) writes:
>One question I currently have is the choice of option for this setting.
>I choose -8 as the option, because -u was already taken. But if there is
>a preference for something else, I can change that. Any comments/opinions?

 If there's a reason for having a command line option for this, -8 sounds good. But we have more options than we can reasonably fit into single-char options, and most new options are being specified only via .hmrc. I'm uncertain whether we should make this option available from the command line.

Peter McCluskey          | "To announce that there must be no criticism of
http://www.rahul.net/pcm | the President, or that we are to stand by the