Re: [hypermail] Hypermail Hanging on First Go.

From: Bill Moseley <moseley_at_hank.org_at_hypermail-project.org>
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2004 12:33:52 -0800

On Wed, Jan 28, 2004 at 11:36:07AM -0800, Peter C. McCluskey wrote:
> ben_at_prodigal.ca (Ben Trafford) writes:
> > I'm running it with this command line: hypermail -c hypermailconfig.txt -d
> >archives/ -i index.html -X -p
> ^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>
> The -i in your command line tells it to read mail from the standard input.
> That overrides the mbox option in your config file, and doesn't appear to
> be what you want.

Is the future upon us?

http://hypermail.org/source/docs/hypermail.html

Order of Options Processing

Settings are processed in this order:

  1. From the program's hard-wired internal defaults (specified in options.h),
  2. From runtime environment variables,
  3. From command-line options,
  4. From the configuration file.

It is important to note that this is different from many programs. In Hypermail's case what you put on the command line DOES NOT override what is specified in the configuration file. This may change in the future.

Also, the man page for hypermail says that -u requires only one message be sent, but the above pages says that it's ok to send more than one message with -u.

--
Bill Moseley
moseley_at_hank.org