Re: Not html-escaping correctly

From: Peter C. McCluskey <pcm_at_rahul.net_at_hypermail-project.org>
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2007 18:09:59 -0800 (PST)

 moseley_at_hank.org (Bill Moseley) writes:
>This text was in a text/plain email message:
>
>moseley_at_bumby:~$ echo '<a href="http://foo/path?bar=1&foo=2">link</a>' | tidy 2>/dev/null | grep foo
>
>And hypermail doesn't see to escape inside the single quotes. Here's

 The difference between how it treats those two lines seems to be whether the url is at the start of the line rather than whether it's in quotes.  I've looked into the code a bit and I've found that if I change the line in print.c function ConvURLsWithHrefs that says:

      tmpline6 = ConvURLsString(p, mailid, mailsubject, charset); to this:

      tmpline6 = NULL;
then I get results that I'm guessing are what you want.  That looks a bit too kludgey to check in and I won't have time to look more carefully until about a week from now. Please try it and see if it does what you want and/or look at that section of code to see if you can understand it well enough to determine the best way to fix it.

Peter McCluskey         | Any company large enough to have a research lab
www.bayesianinvestor.com| is too large to listen to it. - Alan Kay