couple of hypermail patches

From: Jose Kahan <jose.kahan_at_w3.org_at_hypermail-project.org>
Date: Fri, 16 Oct 2009 17:36:35 +0200

Hi guys,

We detected an uncomfortable bug in hypermail and I had to debug it as the engineers who had taken over left us a couple of months ago (Fumi and Daigo from the changelogs). This bug is related to messages that are marked as deleted. If there is a reply to any of such messages, adding a new message to the archive will make hypermail escape the markup of the reply message and add more markup, resulting in an ever growing message body for each new message arriving to the archive (independently of its being a reply or not), slower CPU and hypermail requesting more and more memory until it fails to alloc more. . What I did was to add an option to disable the incremental-delete.the incremental adding of new messages to hypermail will escape the

I was preparing to commit the bug patch to CVS (I still have my CVS account), when I realized that the other enhancements that Fumi had made to hypermail had never been rolled-back to the public hypermail CVS repository, although he had told me he had done so.

So I'm wondering if you're interested for the other features we added? They are well integrated although I cannot say if they were tested with all possible hypermail options.

Tell me what you think and I can send a lit of the new features we have.

Best,

-jose Received on Fri 16 Oct 2009 04:17:21 PM GMT