Re: Ideas

From: Nick Arnett <arnett_at_alink.net_at_hypermail-project.org>
Date: Thu, 23 Apr 1998 13:32:21 -0700

At 11:48 AM 4/23/98 -0700, Thomas W Remmers wrote:

> - The ability to cap the archive to X most recent time periods.
> - These tasks be done without the original mail files.

I'd like to see the ability to set both a maximum number of messages and a maximum time span, with *threads* (not individual messages) rolling off as the limits are exceeded. The HyperCard thing I wrote years ago was actually a prototype to show what a CompuServe forum would look like on the Internet. The messages were stored in a linked list with threading, to allow the kind of behavior I described.

How large does HyperMail need to scale, in terms of number of messages and rate of update?

Nick

--

Phone/fax: (408) 733-7613  E-mail: narnett_at_mccmedia.com