Re: not for the weak-minded

From: Daniel Stenberg <Daniel.Stenberg_at_sth.frontec.se_at_hypermail-project.org>
Date: Sat, 2 May 1998 12:33:02 +0200 (MET DST)

On Fri, 1 May 1998, Martin Schulze wrote:

> > http://www.fts.frontec.se/~dast/hypermail/hypermail-1.05.tar.gz
>
> By the way, although the archive is called 1.05 the version inside
> claims to be 1.04:

Yeah, it was a quick archive before I went to bed! :-) Anyway, there are much newer archives to try now.

> Hmm, I see that some other patches (such as mine, hint, hint) are not
> included.

I haven't got that, that's why!

> Would it be possible to make a release including all the useful
> patches that Kent collected?

It would indeed. I've been saying that for a week by now and I know Kent is working on one. Still, I had lots of time over the previous week and I had the chance to make a bunch of improvements. I had to make them into my version, as I had no other and my time is likely to more restricted coming weeks.

> It would be a good idea to publish a list of these patches here before
> including them so people may object.[1]

I agree. The patch together with an explanation what it tries to do.

> I see that it tries to handle mime attachements, that's great.

In my 1.10-beta, I'm only aware of a few rather tiny bugs in that area.

             Daniel Stenberg - http://www.fts.frontec.se/~dast  ech`echo "xiun"|tr nu oc|sed 'sx\([sx]\)\([xoi]\)xo un\2\1 is xg'`ol Received on Sat 02 May 1998 12:35:20 PM GMT