Re: progress?

From: Kent Landfield <kent_at_hypermail-project.org>
Date: Tue, 4 Aug 1998 17:03:14 -0500 (CDT)

#
# On Wed, 22 Jul 1998, Daniel Stenberg <Daniel.Stenberg_at_sth.frontec.se> wrote:
# >
# > Any word on when the next beta shows up, Kent?

# I was kinda wondering the same.

There are some bugs that I'm flushing out now. I expect to put out a new beta this weekend with many of the attachment proposals included. I think this will be the last enhancements added before the 2.0 release. There will be a beta period but I suspect features will be frozen so we can get to a stable release.

# I have been unable to get the 2.0b2
# version installed on my Alpha (Digital Unix 4.0a). I keep encountering
# an error:
#
# cc -o hypermail -g file.o mem.o string.o parse.o struct.o date.o
# hypermail.o print.o base64.o printfile.o uudecode.o
# chmod 0755 hypermail
# cc -c -g mail.c
# cc: Error: mail.c, line 48: In this declaration, the type of "inet_addr"
# is not.
# unsigned long inet_addr();
# ----^
# Stop.
# *** Exit 1

It should not be there. Simply remove the declaration and recompile.

--
Kent Landfield                        Phone: 1-817-545-2502
Email: kent_at_landfield.com             http://www.landfield.com/