Re: Threading woes

From: Peter C. McCluskey <pcm_at_rahul.net_at_hypermail-project.org>
Date: Tue, 11 Aug 1998 16:24:43 -0700

 allan_at_southpark.engr.sgi.com (Allan Schaffer) writes:
>I'm using version 2.0b2 and have noticed a problem with the
>threading, so have a few questions. This might be a known issue but
>I didn't see anything in the archives.

 Hypermail (at least in version 1.02, I assume threading hasn't changed much since then) definitely doesn't do more than a quick and dirty job of figuring out which message replies to what.  Critmail does a much more reliable job as a byproduct of searching the message bodies to create fine-grained links to the location that quoted text came from, although it probably doesn't use all the header info it should to check the threading.

 Kent said about 2 months ago that he was planning to merge Critmail into a future release of Hypermail, but I haven't heard any sign of progress.