Swish-E vs. WebGlimpse

From: Charles Hall <chall_at_totalsports.net_at_hypermail-project.org>
Date: Tue, 15 Sep 1998 11:36:27 -0400

I recently posted a note about Swish and Swish-E not working, and moving to WebGlimpse. Well, urged on by Roy Tennant, I gave Swish-E another try. This time it worked!

So now I happen to have both Swish-E and WebGlimpse on my machine, so I can show you how they compare:

                     SWISH-E        WEBGLIMPSE
 TIME TO INDEX    10 min 51 sec    4 min 14 sec
 STORAGE              5.5 Meg        5.13 Meg *

(* after deleting 1.2 Meg log file)

I tried to do some search comparisons, the results look like this:

 SWISH-E .10 sec
 GLIMPSE .30

--
Charles Hall