Re: Avoiding competing process (was Re: indexes)

From: Randall S. Winchester <rsw_at_Glue.umd.edu_at_hypermail-project.org>
Date: Wed, 7 Oct 1998 15:32:03 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 7 Oct 1998, Kent Landfield wrote:

: The latest version I'm cleaning up now has locking in it to avoid
: the timing problems associated with very busy lists. This is an FYI
: since Byron's use of make is very appropriate for very high traffic
: lists. I have found that for those types of lists, running hypermail
: hourly is much more "system friendly" and most list users don't care
: as long as it gets there in a reasonable fashion.

Great, Thank you!

Randall Received on Wed 07 Oct 1998 09:34:22 PM GMT