hypermail versions

From: Andrew Daviel <andrew_at_daviel.ml.org_at_hypermail-project.org>
Date: Mon, 19 Oct 1998 00:31:41 -0700 (PDT)

Just been told about this site & mail list.

After the demise of eit, both myself and Martin Hamilton at the ROADS project have run modified versions of hypermail 1.02.

At some point I will download the landfield version and peruse things. It will be interesting to see what we'e done different.

Changes that I recall in mine include adding some HTML metadata, adding a file lock, allowing uncertain case in some mail headers and most recently finding some bug wherein 100-char subject headers would cause a hang. I also added a "recover" switch and a couple of external scripts to try to rebuild a damaged archive. Martin has added HTML frames, and a workaround for illegal message IDs

Mine is at http://vancouver-webpages.com/vanlug/hypermail-VL.html (with a link to Martin's)

regards

Andrew Daviel
http://vancouver-webpages.com/andrew
Deniable unless digitally signed. Received on Mon 19 Oct 1998 04:42:05 PM GMT