command line options

From: Daniel Stenberg <Daniel.Stenberg_at_sth.frontec.se_at_hypermail-project.org>
Date: Wed, 25 Nov 1998 11:29:47 +0100 (MET)

 Command line options. Hypermail is getting more and more configurable options, of which all probably make sense to some and a lot is left as default for many. In the current incarnation, hypermail has the ability to set a selection of those configuration options from the command line using more or less intelligent flags.

 I'd like to minimize the use of strange flags and add one, new, generic "set-config-with-command-line" way:

        -s "KEYWORD=VALUE"

 Using this, you would be able to set any keyword possible to set in the config file from the command line (today you can only set a subset of them) and there's no confusion as to what "-a URL" is compared to "-b URL", and what they are named in the config file etc.

 If we did it that way, the current multitude of options could be cut down to perhaps only 4-5 of them.

 We would also automatically get command line functionality for any new config items we add in future versions.

--
   Daniel Stenberg    http://www.fts.frontec.se/~dast     0708-317742