RE: HTML attachments

From: Daniel Stenberg <Daniel.Stenberg_at_sth.frontec.se_at_hypermail-project.org>
Date: Thu, 10 Dec 1998 09:02:10 +0100 (MET)

On Wed, 9 Dec 1998, Tom von Alten wrote:

> I think the goal for 2.0 is to allow configuration to set either text or
> HTML as preferred, and have hypermail process accordingly?

Yes. In fact you should be able to specify even weirder formats as prefered in case you'd like that. A document could theoretically be written in Word and then sent as Word, HTML and plain text format. Setting hypermail to prefer Word would then make hypermail save the Word part as a separate file (and not show any of the other formats).

I hope that all kinds of functionality in hypermail that outputs inlined HTML will be using the HTML filter by Byron C. Darrah. Not that I have tried it yet, but it sure sounds promising!

> The question of how to treat an HTML *attachment* is a different one, and
> I have requested that such an attachment not be brought inline.
> Daniel's been working on making this a configurable option, also.

I've also considered to allow some configurable option that saves plain/text attachments as files too, except the first such part.

--
   Daniel Stenberg    http://www.fts.frontec.se/~dast     0708-317742