Re: Feedback on 2b13

From: Daniel Stenberg <Daniel.Stenberg_at_sth.frontec.se_at_hypermail-project.org>
Date: Tue, 9 Feb 1999 00:37:08 +0100 (MET)

On Sat, 6 Feb 1999, Paradise Cowgirl wrote:

> /home/minerva/bin/hypermail-2b13 -x -p \
> -m "/home/minerva/mail/model-horse" \
> -l "TEST Haynet Archives" \
> -c "/home/minerva/public_html/archives/beta-horse/.hmrc" \
> -d "/home/minerva/public_html/archives/beta-horse"

[...]

> -x does NOT delete .html's in the archive directory so then the second
> time I archive the whole mbox, I get two of everything, the third
> time I get three of everything, etc.

The problem here turned out to be that in your .hmrc file, you specify "hm_increment = 1" which turns on increment. Now, I can't really tell how you can use -x and increment together successfully, but that's that fails right now.

I'm not 100% sure on what's wrong here. The usage, the docs or the source...

> Once the archive was generated from an existing mbox, updates to the
> same archive via procmail caused the message total to be wrong (doubled
> plus one, I think)

I managed to repeat this too. I've fixed this silly bug now.

> Current feature requests:
>
> file locking

It locks the whole archive at once. It does this by creating a special file which is removed when the operation is completed.

--
             Daniel Stenberg - http://www.fts.frontec.se/~dast