Re: hypermail-2a14-pl2

From: Craig A Summerhill <craig_at_cni.org_at_hypermail-project.org>
Date: Thu, 4 Mar 1999 20:28:01 -0500 (EST)

On Thu, 4 Mar 1999, Daniel Stenberg <daniel.stenberg_at_sth.frontec.se> wrote:

> I know I haven't stressed this properly, and that the docs are outdated:
> Don't edit options.h. Not at all. Ever.
>
> I've now removed the file from the archive. It won't be there in next
> tar-ball.

Yeah, now that you mention it, I do remember reading that in a message on the list the other day. I forgot, and was following along with the documentation in the tarball (which as you say, is out of date).

Since you removed the options.h from the tarball, does that mean it is no longer required for compilation?

As far as including all the defines in the .hmrc (where before they could be globally defined in options.h), that is kinda a pain in the butt. But I can live with static defines if it makes moves this process along and makes the code more stable...

--

   Craig A. Summerhill, Systems Coordinator and Program Officer
   Coalition for Networked Information