RE: MIME disable option? (hopefully not FAQ)

From: Tom von Alten <Tom_vonAlten_at_boi.hp.com_at_hypermail-project.org>
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 1999 17:14:47 -0600

Ron Brogden <rb_at_islandnet.com> wrote:
> Basically, I most definitely do not want Hypermail to automagically
> decode and save MIME attachements into the archive directory. People
> should not be sending them to a list in the first place...

Well, this is definitely not a FAQ! Being able to handle MIME encoded email (both quoted-printable enhancement to text, and binary attachments) seems to be the first thing everybody wanted to improve from version 1.

There may be cases where attachments are inappropriate for an archived list, but for my purposes they are essential. Sending anything potentially untoward to /dev/null is an interesting concept, but not one I want in an MTA. Cheers,
_____________ Hewlett-Packard Computer Peripherals Bristol Tom von Alten mailto:Tom_vonAlten_at_boi.hp.com

          This posting is for informational purposes only.
          It is not a statement of the Hewlett-Packard Co.