Re: Duplicate message ids

From: Daniel Stenberg <Daniel.Stenberg_at_sth.frontec.se_at_hypermail-project.org>
Date: Thu, 6 May 1999 19:59:23 +0200 (MET DST)

On Thu, 6 May 1999, John Finlay wrote:

> I'm under the impression that hypermail 1.02 never used to discard
> duplicate messages

True. I added that "feature".

> and tried to differentiate between message threads using the subject,
> etc.

Yes it did. Although it did mess around too much in the original strings (i.e it wrote zero-bytes etc in them) for me to be able to keep them. When I cleaned up the thread and hash mess I never got around to add code in my newly written threadprint.c that checks for replies in other ways than In-Reply-To headers.

> Seems like somewhere along the line this was lost or removed for some
> reason. As part of my efforts I'll try to come up with a better solution.

I'd welcome it!

--
             Daniel Stenberg - http://www.fts.frontec.se/~dast