Multi-part Alternative/Related problems

From: Richard Karash <Richard_at_Karash.com_at_hypermail-project.org>
Date: Thu, 6 May 1999 18:21:01 -0400

I'm working with hypermail 2.0b3

Much is going very well.

However, I have a msg that causes problems.

The msg was created in Eudora Pro, it has a .gif graphic in the middle of the msg.

The msg structure created by Eudora Pro is:   multi-part/Related

     multi-part/alternative
        text/plain
        text/html
     -end of alternative-
     image/gif

  -end of Related-

When I process a mailbox including the above msg, hypermail:

Is the problem with the multipart/Related or with the text/html? My game plan is to strip out one or the other (i.e., so hypermail presents the msg as text with gif shown inline).

Or, can hypermail use the text/html version of the msg to give the same presentation (graphic in the middle of the msg) as appears in Eudora or Netscape mail client?

(Environment: SGI/IRIX. Everything worked "right out of the box." Msgs with attachments work file. Inline .jpg works fine.)

      Richard Karash ("Rick")    |  <http://world.std.com/~rkarash>
  Speaker, Facilitator, Trainer  |     email: Richard_at_Karash.com
"Towards learning organizations" | Host for Learning-Org Discussion
(617)227-0106, fax (617)523-3839 |   <http://www.learning-org.com>