Re: Spam robots and browser history prob

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel.stenberg_at_autodiagnos.se_at_hypermail-project.org>
Date: Wed, 12 May 1999 09:34:00 +0200

Glen Stewart wrote:

> 2. I purge mailing list messages to my HyperMail listings DAILY. When
> a reader comes back on day 2 to read new messages, their browser says
> and thinks that 0001.html (etc etc) have already been read because the
> file names are not date-specific. Can we PLEASE switch HyperMail to use
> of a time stamp in the file name? Something a wildcard delete can
> handle, like 0001-05111999224500.html ???

The very moment we introduce a system where hypermail stores a special "state-file" (as John Finlay has previously described) in which it can store its currently used file names I'd have no problem what so ever to allow any kind of file names (like some kind of %-configuration in the config file). Then hypermail would find the current file names from the "state-file" anyway.

I refuse to add a system where hypermail would try to wildcard match against all files in the directory. It would be a very ugly solution which I certainly won't add.

 / Daniel Received on Wed 12 May 1999 09:50:51 AM GMT