RE: 2a23

From: Paul Haldane <Paul.Haldane_at_newcastle.ac.uk_at_hypermail-project.org>
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 1999 12:21:47 +0100 (GMT)

> cc -c -g -O -Ae date.c
> cc: "date.c", line 294: warning 562: Redeclaration of "my_mktime" with a
> different storage class specifier: "my_mktime" will have internal linkage.

That's just a missing 'static' from the funtion definition. Same goes for the warnings about format_thread_info and print_replies.

> cc -c -g -O -Ae parse.c
> cc: warning 5004: Uninitialized variable "replynum" in function
> "fixreplyheader" (5004)

Hmm - that's an error - shouldn't cause any real problems but I see the fix.

> At the very end, when it goes to stitch all the object files together, I
> get a big list of "pxdb internal warning"s, like
> pxdb internal warning: cu[19]: SLT_SRCFILE[238] out of synch
> ending with
> pxdb: internal error. File won't be debuggable (still a valid executable)

I presume that's just a consequence of the compile time warnings.

Paul Received on Mon 19 Jul 1999 01:22:42 PM GMT