Re: obfuscating indent options...

From: Kent Landfield <kent_at_hypermail-project.org>
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 1999 12:42:57 -0500 (CDT)

# Are the current indent options right?

Doesn't look like it.

# Is this indent pass a one-time thing or do we have to indent the files
# before commiting them each time? If yes, we should try to ease the
# indent options or use the special label that allows to turn off indenting
# on some parts of the code.

The intent was to make it reproducably consistent. The .indent.pro files are in the baseline. I really don't care about what indenting scheme is used as long as it is consistent. It is very hard to follow code that has 2 character, 4 character, a tab and two tab indenting totally intermixed. We had that. The .indent.pro files are there for when we decide on what people like. Tweak them as you see fit.

--
Kent Landfield                        Phone: 1-817-545-2502
Email: kent_at_landfield.com             http://www.landfield.com/