Re: Internal question

From: Kent Landfield <kent_at_hypermail-project.org>
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 1999 16:29:26 -0600 (CST)

# It is, but of course we should instead use a function that writes no more
# than the output buffer size. Such as the msnprintf().

Very good point.

# If we would have this discussion, I think we should just try to put pros and
# cons with a bunch of licenses side by side and then have some kind of vote
# among the code submitters (where each submitter of course can veto against
# having their source code licensed to something they don't agree with). In my
# eyes there are only 3-4 licenses to discuss: GPL, LGPL, MPL and BSD. This
# question is one of those religious ones and I don't like talking religion.

While this might be an important debate to have at some point, I'd rather not have it now as I am focusing on the release testing.

I agree with Daniel that the sources should be *really* free for all to use as they see fit but I cannot take the time now to properly research this to my satisfaction. After the first of the year I can. Also note, Kevin pushed GPL only as a means to get HP to make it available to the world. I propagated it only because I was lazy. FWIW, in reviewing the original hypermail code, most everything has been rewritten, command line usage, parsing, setup, language support, html output/format, link conversions, etc.)

Now back to software improvements and testing....

--
Kent Landfield                        Phone: 1-817-545-2502
Email: kent_at_landfield.com             http://www.landfield.com/