Re: Misc

From: Bernhard Reiter <bernhard_at_uwm.edu_at_hypermail-project.org>
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 1999 11:09:23 -0600

On Tue, Nov 30, 1999 at 08:11:09AM -0600, Kent Landfield wrote:
> # sorry that I didn't answer to most of your mails, but I am not on the
> # mailinglist. So here my response.
>
> Well it's pretty easy to subscribe... ;)
I know. :)
I am on too much mailinglists already.
Let me count .... oh only fiftheen. but some relatively hifh volume ones.

> # On the testing and release issue: I had hoped that the CVS would also
> # include the more experimental code, so that I can get a chance to see
> # some of it. Otherwise the chances are high that my little python script
> # was all for nothong, because Kent already implemented a nicer version.
>
> For nothing ? You learned XML processing. :)
Err, you know what I mean. ;->

> I did nothing about an
> upper level index page for monthly archives. That's something we need
> to figure out how to do after 2.0 goes out.

> Want me to put it in the
> contrib section ?

Of course. I contribute it to hypermail as free software. My hopes are that hypermail stays under GPL, but I think I don't want to complicate things of you choose another free software license, so you have permission to publish it under this, too.

Why not put in the code and add a configuration variable. The creation of that hoaf file certainly wouldn't hurt and also is not related to stability if switched of on default.

> Now with the new hypermail.org domain,
> I expect we will be putting a dual baseline structure in place.
It's not that hard, with CVS. That's what it's for.

> # One more: I still think that hypermail should also save the
> # full mail body part additionally, when there is an OpenPGP(PGP/MIME
> # rfc2015) signed Mail. If we do it first, maybe somebody enhances a
> # webbrowser to take advantage of it. Would be cool, if it could check
> # the signature then.
>
> I added it to the TODO list in the requests section.
Thanks.

        Bernhard

--
Research Assistant, Geog Dept UM-Milwaukee, USA.  (www.uwm.edu/~bernhard)
Free Software Projects and Consulting 		         (intevation.net)