threads not resetting correctly

From: Bob Van Cleef <vancleef_at_microunity.com_at_hypermail-project.org>
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 1999 16:50:58 -0800 (PST)

Well, I'm finally looking at upgrading to a Y2K hypermail. <grin> I ran hypetombox.pl in a test directory with a collection of 654 message files created by hypermail 1.02. It flagged about a dozen with bogus date stamps, which I edited. I then ran hypermail 2b28 against the mbox file.

After dropping some duplicate messages I ended up with an archive containing 636 messages. Everything is fine except.... the threaded index. For some reason it doesn't always return to the upper level at the end of a thread.

Thus the following index from the original list becomes... (lines truncated at username for simplicity)

Original Index:

       Majordomo results
       subscription request 			<---- not in list
       RE: subscription request
       Welcome to catv-list
       Minutes of Maui meeting
              Re: Minutes of Maui meeting
       RE: Proposed 802.14 May 96 Interim Meeting
       meeting details, please 			<---- not in list

New Index:
       Majordomo results
       RE: subscription request
              Welcome to catv-list
              Minutes of Maui meeting
                    Re: Minutes of Maui meeting
                    RE: Proposed 802.14 May 96 Interim Meeting
                    802.14 September Interim Meeting Agenda (Draft 0)

The two not in the second list have duplicate message id's in the html archive, even though they are obviously different messages. The thread does drop back to level one every now and again, but there is no pattern that jumps out at me.

Bob

Bob Van Cleef, Member of Technical Staff         (408) 734-8100
MicroUnity Systems Engineering, Inc.         FAX (408) 734-8136
475 Potrero Ave., Sunnyvale, CA 94086 vancleef_at_microunity.com Received on Wed 15 Dec 1999 03:31:50 AM GMT